Sustainable Living Centre
The Cape Winelands Biosphere Reserve lies within a World Heritage Site, proclaimed due to its incredible Biodiversity and yet very few people, especially scholars, are made aware of the amazing interactive relationships between living organisms, and their geological links.
Interactive and interpretative learning, together with the joy, interest, satisfaction and wellbeing that it creates, is not common practice within many schools or communities.
The CWBR it will endeavour to rectify this problem by creating a space where scholars, families, the general public and organisations can experience an atmosphere of interactive, interpretative and innovative learning, through discussion, co-operation, knowledge sharing and personal involvement.
The Partnership’s Vision is: to innovatively achieve a balance between human development and nature in the Cape Winelands Biosphere Reserve.
Our Mission at the Sustainable Living Centre is to achieve our vision by:
- Informing all those living in the CWBR as to the importance of biodiversity conservation, especially those working on the land.
- Inspiring the youth to embrace sustainable living practices
- Creating awareness of climate change mitigation practices.
- Encouraging innovative thinking with regards to Man and Nature living in harmony
The projects activities as the Sustainable Living Centre Project can be categorised by:
- Enhancing existing school curriculum by facilitating hands on learning activities
- Creating an exciting interactive learning centre for both families and civil society around the natural word.
- Exhibit and interpret the interconnectivity between all living things
- Encourage and inform the public, especially the youth, as to how to live and work in a sustainable manner
- Exhibit various innovations relating to climate change.
- Exhibit a wide range of alternative energy innovations.
- Implement training courses for farm employees on sustainable practices
- Developing an interactive educational route where people from all communities and languages can enjoy engaging with all aspects of the project. Self-guided at their leisure.